What's is Sugaring?
- Sugaring is THE organic form of hair removal and is made from three simple ingredients SUGAR + LEMON + WATER!
- Sugaring is ALL Natural, Gluten-Free and Vegan.
- The sugar paste is very sticky and adheres to the hair but not the skin.
- Sugar paste is applied warm not hot.
- When the sugar paste is applied it's applied in the opposite direction of the hair growth and the hair is removed in the direction it naturally grows. Thus drastically reducing the amount of ingrown hairs due to the fact that it pulls from the root and minimizes hair breakage.
- Sugaring is far from new and has only recently been adopted by the west. Sugaring is an ancient Egyptian technique and rumors that women have only been doing hair removal for the last 100 years just seems to be crazy and FALSE! Beauty and self care is ancient ladies!
Preparation for a sugaring service:
- CLEAN! It is EXTREMELY important for your esthetician and your service that your skin be free of sweat and/or oils.
- You can exfoliate the skin approximately a week before a service (not necessary but can be helpful).
- First time visitors the hair growth should be about 1/8" long for proper removal.
Does it hurt?
- Numbing cream can be purchased before your treatment to minimize discomfort. Apply a generous layer of the cream 1 hour before, and again 30 mins prior to your scheduled appointment. Please inform your esthetician at the time of your appointment that you applied numbing cream so that they can clean the skins surface appropriately.
- Like any form of hair removal it isn't free from discomfort, however sugaring is superior to waxing as the warm paste doesn't stick to the skin.
- The good news is over time and with consistent services the hair can become very thin at the root and some follicles stop growing in at all thus making for a much more comfortable experience.
What to expect after sugaring and post skin care.
- Sugaring is a hair reduction process that over time and with consistent appointments, can minimize the thickness of the hair at the root thus becoming much more comfortable.
- Please allow 24 hours to pass until treating skin with our Ingrown Hair Prevention Gel. This medicated gel contains glycolic acid, salicylic acid, menthol, tea tree oil, and many more safe and natural ingredients. This miracle gel is designed to remove dead skin cells on the face/body and prevent ingrown hairs.
- We recommend to exfoliate daily with an exfoliation mitt in between services in any and all areas in which you receive hair removal sugaring.
- Consistency is THE key to successful hair removal, especially in sugaring. Expect to return every 4-6 weeks and over time the process becomes much more comfortable as the hair follicles become thin and sparse!
- Every skin type is different. Some skin can become red after a service and is considered completely normal.